COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
This site is owned and operated by Chuck’s Leather Works.com. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Chuck’s Leather Works.com, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION Chuck’s Leather Works.com GATHERS AND TRACKS
Chuck’s Leather Works.com gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters and/or special offers on new products, to participate in our message boards or to email a friend
- Information Chuck’s Leather Works.com gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our site. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help us better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does Chuck’s Leather Works.com divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Chuck’s Leather Works.com Gathers User Information In the Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches): We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users and/or updates on new products added to our line. Chuck’s Leather Works.com gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletter and/or new products added to our line at the time of registration.
- Review board policy: Users of the site’s Review Board must register separately for this service in order to post messages, although they needn’t register to visit the site. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
- “E-mail this to a friend” policy: Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking “e-mail this to a friend”. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Chuck’s Leather Works.com sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms those users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how they navigate in the site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special offers on new products when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Chuck’s Leather Works.com never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
Chuck’s Leather Works.com uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Chuck’s Leather Works.com operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters and/or special offers on new products.